Out on a Sunday afternoon for lunch first. Headed to this food court at Kim Keat Avenue.
周日下午先出去吃午饭。前往金吉道的食阁。
🎶Meanwhile, some music for you to enjoy as you read. This piece is part of Vivaldi’s The Four Seasons, particularly the first of the 4 violin concertos, called Spring.
🎶让大家继续读的时候,欣赏一点音乐。这件作品是维瓦尔第的“四季”的一部分 - 4小提琴协奏曲中的第一首,名为“春天”。
Source | 来源: https://musopen.org/
(Unsupported https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/303622945&auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true)
Few stalls were opened.
只有几家摊有开了。
Decided to get a simple mee goreng for $4.50
决定花 $4.50 吃一份简单的炒面
Drove to the Lianshan Shuang Lin Monastery after that. It was raining. So we quickly went into the first building and thank the gods for a year we are still alive. It was still under reconstruction so I didn't take any pictures of that. Outside the temple, there were quite a number of pandas decoration for the Chinese New Year.
后来,开车去了连山双林寺。天在下雨。所以我们赶紧走进第一栋建筑,答谢神恩让我们活多一年。它还在重建,所以我没有拍任何照片。寺庙外面,有不少熊猫装饰,以庆祝农历新年。
There were quite a lot of pandas but it seemed like may rain again.
熊猫相当多,但似乎又要下雨了。
So I better moved on to the second section.
所以我最好继续去第二部分。
There was a nice decoration on the pond outside the temple building.
寺庙建筑外的池塘上有一个漂亮的装饰。
At the side of the pond, there wa sa wishing place where you can toss a coin to try hit the bell.
在池塘边,有一个许愿的地方,你可以在那里投硬币试着敲响铃铛。
Went into the temple building.
走进寺庙建筑。
There were some plants that are common for Chinese New Year. I cannot remember what the first one is called but there was a cockscomb behind.
有一些农历新年常见的植物。我不记得第一个叫什么,但后面有一个鸡冠。
There were more decorations inside.
里面还有更多的装饰品。
I really like those with the koi fishes.
我真的很喜欢那些有锦鲤的。
Here is another one.
这是另一个。
Further inside there is a pair of dragons and lanterns.
再往里走,有一对龙和灯笼。
This was from the side when I was inside.
这是我在里面时从侧面拍的。
After finishing up at the second section, I went out to go to the third section.
参观完第二部分后,我出去去了第三部分。
There was a pagoda outside.
外面有一座宝塔。
The temple building in the third section. There were setting up a big tentage for Chinese New Year prayers.
第三部分的寺庙建筑。他们正在搭建一个大帐篷,用于农历新年祈祷。
Saw this nice bonsai as I left. I have the same plant but not the same look for sure
离开时看到了这个漂亮的盆栽。我有同样的植物,但肯定样貌不一样。
There was some containers with lotus and this leaf had rain drop remaining.
有一些装有莲花的容器,这片叶子上还留有雨滴。
I thought I should take a picture of it with the pagoda.
我想我应该把它和宝塔拍张照。
Went to visit the inlaws for a while after the temple before going to Lorong 1 Toa Payoh for dinner.
去寺庙后去了太太娘家,然后去大巴窑 1 号巷吃晚餐。
Went to get some yong tau foo.
去买了一些酿豆腐。
My wife and I selected different items but both ended up costing $6 per bowl.
我和我的太太选择了不同的食物,但最终每碗花费都是 6 元。
请看我其他帖: @ace108